While Medicare helps millions of beneficiaries with medical costs, it does not pay for everything. Medicare does not cover most routine dental and vision services. It also does not cover hearing aids. They are also not part of the basic coverage of Medicare supplements or Medicare Advantage plans, but some supplements and Advantage plans may include some value-added services that can help pay for visits to the dentist and eye doctor.
Do you need help finding good hearing, dental and vision coverage to complement your Medicare benefits? At Trusted Senior Specialists, we can recommend Medicare insurance policies that include dental and vision care or suggest separate plans. Please contact us at 1-855-474-6234 or at email@example.com.
What dental, vision and hearing services doesn’t Medicare cover?
It’s easier to discuss the common ear, dental and vision services that Medicare does not cover than the ones it does.
There is also a complete list of dental, vision, and other services that are not covered by Medicare Part A and Part B on the Medicare.gov website. If you have specific questions, contact us or your health insurance provider.
- Most dental care
- Routine eye exams
- Hearing aids
How do Medicare beneficiaries pay for Ear, Vision and Dental Services?
Many Medicare recipients have to pay for some of these important health services out of their own pockets. However, there are both private plans and public programs that can help some seniors control their expenses, get discounts, or possibly even qualify for subsidies.
These are ways to get help paying:
- Some private Medicare health insurance plans, both supplements and MA plans, may include coverage for these extra services.
- Insurance companies also sell individual dental, vision, and hearing insurance plans that may help you control your costs.
- If your household has an income less than $1,821 a month, you may be eligible for a Medicare Savings program. Find the Medicare Savings program in your state here.
- Community health centers, funded by the Department of Health and Human Services, offer extra services on a sliding scale that varies by income. Find a local community health center here.
- Dental, vision, and hearing discounts plans are not the same as insurance, but some of them do offer free or very affordable checkups along with discounts on other services.
Let us help you find affordable senior Vision, Hearing and Dental Plans
At Trusted Senior Specialists, we understand how difficult it can be to pay for those things that Medicare does not cover. Contact us to review your current coverage and suggest affordable ways to control your medical costs. Please contact us at 1-855-474-6234 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.